By investing in the future of cancer breakthroughs at The Princess Margaret, you can make a difference in the lives of cancer patients for generations to come. Discover the many benefits of leaving a legacy gift as part of your estate plan.
Legacy Gifts Shape the Future of Cancer Breakthroughs
Legacy Gifts Support:
- The most comprehensive cancer centre in Canada and one of the top five cancer research centres in the world.
- Assistance programs that help transform the cancer patient experience.
- Space transformation initiatives that allow for world-class care.
Benefits of Leaving a Legacy Gift:
- You can leave a more significant gift than you may be able to during your lifetime.
- There is no cost to you now and you can change your mind at any time.
- You maintain complete control of your assets during your lifetime and your estate can receive a charitable tax receipt to help offset taxes.
For Professional Advisors:
Lawyers, Estate Trustees and Financial Advisors: The following resources will assist with your client’s needs when leaving a legacy gift to The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
Ways to Leave a Legacy Gift:
Legacy gifts come in many different forms. Find the gift that’s right for you.
Leave a Gift in Your Will
You can designate a portion of the remainder, or a specific amount in your Will. You maintain complete control of your assets during your lifetime and your estate can receive a tax credit to help offset your estate taxes.
- Take our quick quiz to discover the impact your Will can make.
- View sample language on leaving a gift to The Princess Margaret in your Will.
- Guidance for Estate Trustees
Gifts of Life Insurance
You can designate The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation as a beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy and your estate will receive a tax credit. Or transfer ownership of an existing life insurance policy over to us and receive a tax receipt for your annual premiums.
Learn more about Gifts of Life Insurance
Gifts of Registered Funds
RRSP/RRIF/TFSA are among the most heavily taxed assets on transfer to the next generation. By naming The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation as a beneficiary of your registered funds you can reduce your overall estate taxes.
Learn more about Gifts of Registered Funds
Downloadable Planning Resources
Easy Ways to Build a Legacy
Is it Time to Make or Update My Estate Plans?
Recognition Society for Committed Legacy Gift Supporters
Let us know if you have included a gift to The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation in your legacy plans. We would like to honour and welcome you into the J.C.B. Grant Society of donors who will continue to shape the future of cancer care.
Learn more about the J.C.B. Grant Society
Legal Name: The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
Address: 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9
Charitable Registration Number: 88900 7597 RR0001
Legacy Donor, Cancer Survivor
“Including The Princess Margaret in my Will was an easy decision, and I hope my foresight and openness will motivate other folks to consider making the same pledge.”
“It’s one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, we know it will continue to make an impact on a global level.”
"A legacy gift is a thoughtful way to support research… It's one way of giving back to society.”
“I believe cancer will be conquered, eventually, with the help of donor support.”